POEMS, REVIEWS, ESSAYS:
Arc accepts unsolicited submissions of previously unpublished poetry in English, or translations of poetry into English, on any subject and in any form. For spoken word pieces, poetry uploaded to a submitter's personal channel is eligible for submission.
Submissions received from September 1st 2023 to December 31st 2023 will be read for the Summer 2024 issue.
Please note: This submission platform does not accept poems in batches. Each poem must be submitted separately with the poet's biography. Please DO NOT submit several poems grouped in a single document. To save retyping the same bio and cover notes for each poem, we recommend you create them in an offline text document, and copy-paste them in when called for by the uploader. Your individually submitted poems will be treated as a grouped manuscript once they have been submitted.
Submissions must not exceed 3 poems, and will be accepted only once per poet per calendar year. Poetry must be typed and single spaced (double spaces will be interpreted as blank lines). Include your name and address on each page of your submission.
Arc publishes reviews, interviews, and articles on poetry and poetry-related subjects. Please query first as Arc seldom considers unsolicited prose manuscripts; submit pitches or ideas, including a brief description and an estimate of anticipated length, along with samples of previously published work.
Arc does not publish fiction or drama.
Arc publishes a limited amount of artwork in black and white and in colour by a single artist or photographer in each issue, including on the front and back covers, and on up to eight inside pages. Please see www.arcpoetry.ca for artwork submission guidelines.
Arc tries respond to unsolicited submissions of poetry, artwork, and article queries within four to six months. Arc can’t promise to respond to inquiries regarding the status of submissions before the completion of this editorial cycle.
Arc’s Writers’ Fees are as follows:
$50 per page for poetry or prose published in the magazine.
$50 per webpage for online reprints on the website.
$50 per column for How Poems Work (see guidelines for How Poems Work).
• Arc accepts unsolicited submissions of previously unpublished poems, on any subject, in any form. Submissions received before December 31, will be considered for the Summer 2024 issue.
• Submissions must not exceed three poems.
• Only three poems per poet will be accepted during each calendar year.
• Our submission manager only accepts one file at a time. In order to submit the files separately you must go through the submission process for each piece you wish to submit. This allows you to provide each submission with the title of your poem and it allows us to group the submissions more easily and update the submitter about the status of each individual poem.
• As a Canadian literary magazine, and due to the increasing number of submissions from US-based poets, we are requesting that US submitters pay a $2 entry fee per poem.